- There are totalizing criticisms of today's places as commodified, reified, simulacral, and the like.
- What is commodification?
- What is wrong with commodification?
- Mistaken presuppositions of the commodification critique.
- No place is totally commodified.
- A general argument against all totalizing criticisms.
- We seem empirically caught between universal flows and particular loyalties.
- Underlying the empirical reality of commodification is the distinction between systems and places.
- Commodification and systemic flows.